Campus Sustainability Menu
The Engagement SWATeam was formed in Fall of2020 to communicate and elevate campus awareness of iCAP objectives and sustainability best practices.
The team is composed of faculty members, staff, and students who work collaboratively to support and recommend specific actions relating to the iCAP objectives with a particular focus on outreach of campus and potentially community opportunities.
Team members aim to communicate and enhance an evolving culture of sustainability and work to promote programs, outreach events, and involvement opportunities. The hope is that every individual on campus is aware of the sustainability initiatives and our commitment to being as environmentally conscious as possible.
The Engagement SWATeam welcomes the opportunity to discuss potential actions, policies, and project recommendations to improve our campuswide reach and knowledge base.
SWATeams report annually on progress made toward Illinois Climate Action Plan objectives in their area of focus.
Current Team Members
- Faculty: Robert McKim (Co- Chair), Professor of Religion (2020-) (Email) Read more about Robert’s prior service on the Zero Waste SWATeam >>>
- Faculty: Ann-Perry Witmer (Co-Chair), Instructor, Civil & Environmental Engineering (2020-) (Email) Read more about Ann’s prior service on the Education SWATeam >>>
- Faculty: Jie Hu, Clinical Professor of Landscape Architecture (2020-)
- Faculty: Keilin Jahnke, Teaching Assistant Professor, Grainger College of Engineering Technology Entrepreneur Center (2020-)
- Staff: Kate Gardiner, Communications and Events Coordinator, Cooperative Extension Service (2020-)
- Staff: Dave Guth, Assistant Director for Facilities, Illini Union (2020-)
- Staff: Sammy Yoo, Assistant Director, Student Sustainability Committee (2020-)
- Student: Fina Healy, Undergraduate in Agricultural & Biological Engineering (2020-) Read more about Fina’s prior service on the Education SWATeam >>>
- Student: Miranda Johnson, (2020-)
- Student: Caitlyn Person, (2020-)
- SWATeam Clerk: Alexa Smith, Undergraduate in Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences (2020-) (Email) Read more about Alexa’s prior service as an Education SWATeam member >>>