Campus Sustainability Menu
The Education SWATeam, formed in 2019, will examine curricular and extracurricular educational opportunities at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign that will help campus accomplish its Illinois Climate Action Plan goals.
This team will seek to complement the disciplinary educational experience of undergraduate and graduate students with opportunities for interdisciplinary learning, research, and independent study about sustainability, energy, and the environment.
Overarching goals will also include teaching students, the campus community, and the community at large to:
- consider sustainability in day-to-day life;
- acquire sustainability knowledge and skills; and
- embrace sustainability as a personal vision.
SWATeams report annually on progress made toward Illinois Climate Action Plan objectives in their area of focus.
Current Team Members
- Faculty: Gillen D’Arcy Wood (Chair), Professor of English (2019-) (Email)
- Faculty: Ann-Perry Witmer, Instructor, Civil & Environmental Engineering (2019-) Read more about Ann-Perry >>>
- Faculty: Julie Cidell, Associate Professor of Geography and Geographic Information Science (2019-)
- Staff: Sharlene Denos, Associate Director of Outreach & Inclusivity, Department of Physics (2019-)
- Staff: Stacy Gloss, Research Specialist, Applied Research Institute (2019-) Read more about Stacy >>>
- Staff: Dave Guth, Assistant Director for Facilities, Illini Union (2019-)
- Student: Fina Healy, Undergraduate in Agricultural & Biological Engineering (2019-)
- Student: Alexa Smith, Undergraduate in Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences (2019-) Read more about Alexa >>>
- Student: Carolyn Cai, Undergraduate in Agricultural and Consumer Economics (2019-) Read more about Carolyn >>>
- SWATeam Clerk: Valerie Ramirez, Undergraduate in Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences (2020-) (Email)
Retired Team Members
- SWATeam Clerk: Regina Cassidy, Graduate Assistant at Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment (2019) Read more about Regina >>>