Greener Events. Greener Illinois.
1. Select a Green Team Leader
It helps to have one person take the lead. Identify someone from your event team who can handle communicating with iSEE and developing a plan to green your event.
Congratulations! Your event is now Certified Green!
Here to Help: Tutorials, Hints & Tips
You could be our first Certified Green Event!
Certified Green Event Credits
You have the power to reduce the environmental impact of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The Certified Green Event Program offers a number of different ways to green your event. All you have to do is integrate at least four of the actions below into your event!
- Encourage carpooling for out-of-town attendees and provide information about lower-carbon ways to travel (e.g. rail instead of flying)
- Offer teleconference opportunities for attendees to participate remotely
- Offer at least one vegetarian or vegan option at all event meals
- Go paperless and offer the conference program online
- Use paper with recycled content for any printed materials
- Ensure recycling bins are available at the event location
- Reduce waste through encouraging people to bring their own reusable mugs and/or offering them to attendees as a promotional item
- Communicate ways the event is sustainable via signage or other means